May 17, 2021
As we have navigated this challenging year, we have been consistent in adhering to the guidance required and set forth in emergency directives issued by Governor Sisolak. With that in mind, the current restrictions implemented from the state regarding masks will allow the following changes:
Effective Immediately, the following changes will go into effect within the Pershing County School District:
1. Students 9 years of age and younger will not be required to wear face-coverings.
2. Any staff member or student who is fully vaccinated*, will not be required to wear face coverings inside or outside PCSD schools.
*In general, people are considered fully vaccinated:
- 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or
- 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine
3. Students 10 years of age and older, who have not received the COVID-19 vaccination, are required to wear face-coverings unless actively eating, drinking, or exercising.
4. All students, regardless of age or vaccination status, will be required to wear face-coverings while utilizing all PCSD transportation services.
5. Any staff member, who has not received the COVID-19 vaccination, will be required to wear face coverings while on PCSD School Property.
Any student or staff member who are 9 years old or younger or have received the COVID-19 vaccination may choose to continue wearing face-coverings if they desire. Should guidance change between now and the end of the year, we will continue to update how we operate within PCSD schools.
Russell D. Fecht
PCSD Superintendent of Schools